St Joseph's School, Stanthorpe | Living Mercy since 1875

Week 2 - Principals Message

Dear Parents and Caregivers

Welcome back to school for 2017. I trust that the Christmas vacation has served you well and you and your children are ready for another busy year at St Joseph’s School.

It has been a great start to the year here at St Joseph’s. A special welcome to the many new students and their families to our school this year. We also welcome back all of our continuing students and their parents. As I walk around the school it is obvious our students have settled well albeit, a few little jitters especially on the first day. I also thank all staff for the way that they have prepared for the start of school year.

In December last year, OP results were released to our Year 12 students, and I am pleased to report these students performed very well. All of our OP students (100%) achieved an OP between 1-15, while many of our non-OP student’s take up full time positions in trade and as trainees. These are excellent results highlighting the excellent teaching that St Joseph’s offers from Prep through to Year 12. Congratulations to our 2016 Year 12 Graduates.

2017 promises to be another very busy year for our community. There are many ways that students and families can get involved. Research shows us that a close relationship between families and their school improves learning outcomes for students. This newsletter, parent paperwork and the school website are great ways to find out what is happening in and around St Joseph’s. I hope you enjoy this first publication for the school year.

On Wednesday we celebrated the opening mass for the school year. I thank Fr Brian for leading us. His support of the school is wonderful and it is a blessing to have him as our priest. Congratulations to our student leaders and seniors for 2017 and wish them all the best as they lead the student body in our Mercy values.

On personal note I would like thank the community of St Joseph’s for such a warm welcome that myself and my family have received since coming to Stanthorpe.  It has been wonderful to meet many of you already.

I pray that your year at St Joseph’s School is a positive and successful one, and that we work together to ensure our children receive the best Catholic education possible.

Phillip McGreevy

Principal

Latest Posts