Positive Behaviour Support
At St Joseph’s School there is the expectation that:
- Gospel values are lived and all members of the school community are valued and treated with dignity and respect
- All members of the school community feel safe, supported and respected
- Students are encouraged and supported to take greater responsibility for their own learning and participation as members of the whole school community, developing as individual learners who increasingly manage their own learning and growth by setting goals and managing resources to achieve these goals
- Pastorally-caring practices that include non-coercive and non-discriminatory behaviour are defined, modelled and reinforced by all members of the school community
- Formal sanctions including detention, suspension, negotiated change of school and exclusion are considered only when all other approaches have been exhausted, or rejected.
Our school community has identified the following school rules to teach and promote our high standards of responsible behaviour:
- Be Respectful
- Be Responsible
- Be Safe
It is the policy of the school that bullying, including cyberbullying, has no place.
Strategies are in place to promote positive behaviours, address inappropriate behaviour and provide targeted support where necessary.
The full Student Behaviour Support Plan can be downloaded below.