A range of co-curricular sports are offered at St Joseph’s School.
Students participate in Granite Belt or Border District trials for the various sports including basketball, cricket, cross country, football, rugby league, softball, swimming, tennis and track & field. Selection in these teams leads to competition at Darling Downs Regional Titles which in turn leads to the Queensland State Championships.
St Joseph’s teams also compete in various competitions including:
- QISSN Netball
- Confraternity Rugby League
- Broncos Cup Gala Days (Netball and Rugby League)
- Laura Geitz Cup (Netball)
- Vicki Wilson Cup (Netball)
- Samsung Primary Schools Cup (Netball)
- Bill Turner Cup (Football)
- Red Lion Cup (Football)
- Australian Futsal Association Competitions (Futsal)
- Local Primary Schools Inter-School Sport (various sports)
Mountain Bike Club
The school’s Mountain Bike Club is affiliated with Mountain Bike Australia and provides accredited coaching to students giving them both basic and advanced skills. Students test their skills on the many local mountain bike trails.
The school has a new gym which students have access to during breaks. The gym has a range of modern equipment, allowing students to develop their strength and conditioning under careful instruction from qualified staff.